After playing it for a while, Minecraft seems like the introductory tutorial for the full game: Tekkit.
Grab the Technic Launcher from http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/ and select Tekkit from the top-left drop-down list, and the launcher will automatically download the needed mods when you hit login.
If you are new to Tekkit, but have played Minecraft, and want to join in, I suggest watching the series Tekkit with Duncan on YouTube.
MITS hosts a Tekkit server for its members (Murdoch IT students and alumni) with the following features:
- All Power Rings (Equivalent Exchange 2)
- All Power Stones (excluding the Philosopher's Stone) (Equivalent Exchange 2)
- All Dark Matter items, tools, armour, and Mk2 Collectors/Relays (Equivalent Exchange 2)
- All Red Matter items, tools, armour, and Mk3 Collectors/Relays (Equivalent Exchange 2)
- All Klein Stars (Equivalent Exchange 2)
- All Alchemical Coal/Mobius Fuel/Aeternalis Fuel related destructive items (Equivalent Exchange 2)
- Transmutation Tablet (it's buggy as hell) (Equivalent Exchange 2)
- thus, Equivalent Exchange items that are available: Covalence Dusts, Divining Rods, Talisman Of Repair, Alchemical Chest, Alchemy Bag, Philosopher's Stone, Interdiction Torch, Energy Condenser, Energy Collector Mk1 (only), Antimatter Relay Mk1 (only)
- Oil Fabricator (Power Converters) (unlimited Fuel causes lazyness)
- World Anchor (Railcraft) (use Dimensional Anchors (Immibis's mods), each player can only have a maximum number)
- Teleport Tethers (?) (See above)
- Nukes (IndustrialCraft 2) (yeah...)
If you have any suggestions, leave a message below.